Silly Tyre Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
What is the difference between a tyre sold as a hybrid 700 x 28 and a road race one of the same size ?

BTW - there doesn't seem to be any difference in the tread i.e. none

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Linky... i can only guess the road race one is going to be 23mm wide rather than 28

GrasB

Veteran
I wouldn't touch those contis with a barge pole for commuting. They're light weight tyres & even the kevlar version have little in the way of puncture protection. Put it this way, when new they were giving puncture frequency I got from 2000 mile old Gatorskins.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
gonna have to plug these again.... http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26232

cheap, free postage, good fast tyre, no punctures on road, still looking good after 6 months use.

only thing... crap on wet grass ;)

015-2.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
agreed, tried a conti sport, I think without any kevlar and I might as well punctured the tyre myself before setting off

those Halfords tyres are £14! For that you can get a perfectly sound commuting road tyre, I use Luganos and you can get them for £10 if you hunt hard enough

GrasB

Veteran
Becareful about the use of 'sport' Conti do the Ultrasport which are imo poor even for a race tyre (Michi Pro 3 Race are far better & are basically the same weight ) where as the SportContact are only one/one & a half steps down from the Marathon plus

Top Bottom