Silly Wheel Lights Safety or Fad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dax

andy_wrx said:
You called them 'silly wheel lights' - what do you think of them ? ;)

I think they're potentially a good idea - visibility from back and front obviously always have to be proper lights, but a crossroads at night for example might be a good example of a place where they could be useful.

OP
OP
D

Dax

Hairy Jock said:
Gimmick for children, no substitute for a proper set of lights.

I don't think anyone suggested they should replace proper lights, but if it's a fun way to augment them can it really be a bad thing?

OP
OP
D

Dax

yorkshiregoth said:
A world first? I don't think so. Hokey spokes which are virtually the same thing have been available for donkeys years, well quite a few anyway. Trade descriptions act anyone?

Not the same thing at all as I understand it - hokeys don't let you write a message and they only come in a single colour according to their web site.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Dax said:
Not the same thing at all as I understand it - hokeys don't let you write a message and they only come in a single colour according to their web site.

I beg to differ. Hokeys come in numerous colours as well as a rainbow one and short messages can be done although somewhat convaluted.

yenrod

Have you got the site Yorks' ! ;)

yorkshiregoth said:
I beg to differ. Hokeys come in numerous colours as well as a rainbow one and short messages can be done although somewhat convaluted.

andygates

I've run RB's Hokeys on a Dun Run a while back. Great fun. You can definitely change the message (I should have had "I WANT MY MUM")

OP
OP
D

Dax

yorkshiregoth said:

My apologies, I only had a cursory glance at their website!

Top Bottom