Similar to Webuyanycar but for houses.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I had a letter this morning from a firm offering to buy my house within 7 days at an estimated value similar to the one from my estate agent. Have you ever dealt with firms like that and how good and genuine are they?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had a letter this morning from a firm offering to buy my house within 7 days at an estimated value similar to the one from my estate agent. Have you ever dealt with firms like that and how good and genuine are they?

I made enquiries from one of these companies when I was trying to sell my dad's house last year.
Seemed genuine but offered about 10% below market value.
Didn't take them up on their offer...

All uphill

Still rolling along
I guess they need to be compensated for taking on the risk and hassle from the vendor, and still make a living. Clearly not going to be cheap.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Heard bad stories about low balling an offer on date of exchange, when they have you over a barrel.
You’d only use them as a last resort.

Reactions: C R

a.twiddler

Veteran
The magic words are where they say "up to" market value. I suspect that their interpretation of that would be different from the prospective seller's. However, many might think it worth it in the interests of a quick sale in these difficult times, which is what such companies would be counting on.

Chris S

Legendary Member

I heard a similar story. They kept stalling the exchange of contracts and then called the seller in just before 17:30 on a Friday afternoon. They showed him the first page of the contract with the full price and then got him to sign on the last one. When he received about 10% of the house's value he looked back at the contract. The middle pages were full of costs that he had agreed to without being aware of.

Lookrider

Why not go along the old fashioned route ...
Pop Into all your local agents
They will have all the names of investors who can do a remarkably fast sale
They to will offer lower price but as they dont have huge offices/directors/costs etc thry will offer more than the robbing corporates
AND you can ask an agent to have tbe investor provide bank statements showing they have the financial clout for fast sale

Top Bottom