Simple Minds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fish performed with his band in my local pub about 4 years. I didn't watch it i was in another room. Later an old bald bloke at the bar asked me about my little dog and other stuff. I didn't realise it was him till someone told me.

thecube

I was a fan, well still am in that their old stuff still sounds great. I saw them live around the late 80's, it was a typical stadium rock gig that Jim Kerr was born for. But some of their early youtube clips are very impressive. Apart from the mediocre first album (like a bad Roxy Music) the albums up until Once Upon a Time were classics. And then, like U2 they just seemed to go downhill rapidly.

My claim to fame is that I'm in the video for Waterfront. Some of it was filmed in the Barrowlands in Glasgow. Myself and some pals were in Glasgow that day and we heard the Minds were filming a video. We rushed along to the Barrowlands (along with a few hundred others) and were treated to an impromptu gig by Jim Kerr and the boys.
Just checked when it was - 1983!! I was 14 back then. I feel old

thecube

If you like monotonous anthemic stadia dirges, they I guess they are for you...

U2 for Scottish people.

Not heard Empires and Dance, Real to Real Cacophony, Son's and Fascination, New Gold Dream then? Maybe Sparkle in the Rain was getting more anthemic, but I guess you're knowledge of Simple Minds must be Once Upon a Time onwards rather than the more ground breaking electronic music they were making later 70's and early 80's.

Top Bottom