Singing whilst cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
I sing all the time, even when out cycling tra-la.
Once, on a narrow country lane, I slowed to allow a lorry coming the other way to pass safely, while singing excerpts from Carmina Burana. The driver wound down his window and swore at me for mouthing off at him.
"I'm happy. I'm singing."
"Oh, sorry mate."
We both went on our ways.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Whitesnake...
"who knows why the cold wind blows...I ask myself, but nobody knows..."

Supertramp..
"It's raining again..."

"two wheels on my wagon..and I'm still rollin' along..."

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Oh yes, I sing along all the time, I have a brain radio, and random tunes pop in and out along the ride. Same when I'm on my motorbike.

Black Country Ste

I'm normally blowing up by the time I get to the end of the road. No breath left for singing. When I do sing it's for the benefit of the camera, which knows it's doing everybody a favour by picking up nothing but wind noise. :whistle:

DTD

Veteran
I sing (until someone I hadn't noticed overtakes me). What is particularly annoying about my singing is I have a terrible voice and can't remember the words.
I also sing whilst walking along the street if I think there's no one around. Last time I got a strange look after declaring "I'M MISTER BOMBASTIC!" – I did add "That's not my real name you understand".

Gary E

Veteran
I describe my affliction as musical Tourette's. Mainly because I have no control over what's going to pop into my head next and I often surprise myself by singing the weirdest stuff.

I sing all the time, even when out cycling tra-la.
Once, on a narrow country lane, I slowed to allow a lorry coming the other way to pass safely, while singing excerpts from Carmina Burana. The driver wound down his window and swore at me for mouthing off at him.
"I'm happy. I'm singing."
"Oh, sorry mate."
We both went on our ways.
Well some of Carmina Burana is quite rude so perhaps the driver had good justification. Mind you he would need to understand latin which I doubt he did.

Top Bottom