Sinkewitz "Admission"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01082007/58/tour-de-france-sinkewitz-admits-regret-doping.html

What do you make of this? On the surface it's good as he's not following the standard procedure of trying to squirm out of it by presenting flimsy excuses. But he does say:

Without thinking, in a moment of huge stupidity, I applied some to my upper arm in our training camp in France in the evening before a dope test. I did this instinctively and without thinking of the possible results.

So is he admitting that:

1. using this drug was wrong, or
2. he was stupid to get caught?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Tetedelacourse said:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01082007/58/tour-de-france-sinkewitz-admits-regret-doping.html

What do you make of this? On the surface it's good as he's not following the standard procedure of trying to squirm out of it by presenting flimsy excuses. But he does say:

Without thinking, in a moment of huge stupidity, I applied some to my upper arm in our training camp in France in the evening before a dope test. I did this instinctively and without thinking of the possible results.

So is he admitting that:

1. using this drug was wrong, or
2. he was stupid to get caught?

and

3. it's the normal thing to do.

shows how deep the problem goes ;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You can't do something like this 'instinctively' unless the stuff is regularly and readily available to you, and you are used to doing it... in other words, yes, what he is implying is that this is normal practice, it's just that he did it (stupidly) before he was likely to be tested... well, it does seem to confirm the common view inthe USA that workplace drugs tests are really intelligence tests...

monnet

Guru
Tetedelacourse said:
I applied some to my upper arm in our training camp in France in the evening before a dope test. I did this instinctively and without thinking of the possible results.[/I]

Instinctively? At a training camp? incredible. I guess it shows how deep it runs (and how stupid Sinkowitz is).

rustychisel

That's not how I interpreted it... I thought he was saying he did it unthinkingly but without other motive and intent. Y'know, like rubbing your eyelid when you've just finished cutting up chilis... most people only do that in a moment of great stupidity.

However, I'm no professional athlete facing a systemic regime of testing...

fuzzy29

It makes a change from the rubbish that non-European riders come out with. Unfortunately, it doesn't add to the amusing list of excuses that we're getting used to.

chris42

rustychisel said:
That's not how I interpreted it... I thought he was saying he did it unthinkingly but without other motive and intent. Y'know, like rubbing your eyelid when you've just finished cutting up chilis... most people only do that in a moment of great stupidity.

However, I'm no professional athlete facing a systemic regime of testing...

Still does not answer WHY he had banned test patches in the first place dose it.
Why have them if they are banned and he knows its a banned substance?

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

I think he has kind of admitted that actually Chris - that usually he knows fine well that he wont get caught using them. But on this occassion he stupidly used the stuff the night before a test he knew was scheduled...

"without thinking, in a moment of great stupidity"

chris42

Tetedelacourse said:
I think he has kind of admitted that actually Chris - that usually he knows fine well that he wont get caught using them. But on this occassion he stupidly used the stuff the night before a test he knew was scheduled...

"without thinking, in a moment of great stupidity"
Sorry I didn't make my point very well did I.

What I was trying to say is despite all the good noises coming out of T mobile, one of their riders still had banned substance with him at a team organised training camp as if it was somthing they normally did.

Top Bottom