Sir Bruce RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He was awful (I know, that was a Dick Emery...) near the end of his career on Strictly, he probably deserved better from the TV execs who should have had a "quiet word" with him. His earlier TV stuff was background Saturday night guff but it was quite fun guff. He couldn't sing worth a damn, his dancing was ropey, and his gags were terrible; he seemed to have a good way about him which endeared him to people tho and probably led to the limitation to talents being accepted and viewed as more accomplished than they actually were in a "he's a nice man so let's be nice to him" way.

He seems to have led a fun life and everyone seems to say he was a decent bloke (maybe anyone willing to say different gets shut down in the same way people do on here with anyone who has an alternate view gets told to say nothing if they have nothing good to say?)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You are getting confused with Larry Grayson. :laugh:

I never could tell them apart.

Drago

Legendary Member
He was awful (I know, that was a Dick Emery...) near the end of his career on Strictly, he probably deserved better from the TV execs who should have had a "quiet word" with him. His earlier TV stuff was background Saturday night guff but it was quite fun guff. He couldn't sing worth a damn, his dancing was ropey, and his gags were terrible; he seemed to have a good way about him which endeared him to people tho and probably led to the limitation to talents being accepted and viewed as more accomplished than they actually were in a "he's a nice man so let's be nice to him" way.

He seems to have led a fun life and everyone seems to say he was a decent bloke (maybe anyone willing to say different gets shut down in the same way people do on here with anyone who has an alternate view gets told to say nothing if they have nothing good to say?)

I didn't rate himself. Mediocre dancer, not a good singer, although apparently he was a very accomplished piano player. Still, his cheeky manner, strained and downtrodden as if put upon by a daft audience, set the tv light entertainment karma of the early 70's, so while his talents were nothing exciting his timing was perfect for the era.

He did no harm, and managed to avoid an Savilesque type drama's, so at least he's gone with his reputation intact. Fair play to him.

postman

Legendary Member
At least he entertained.And could be called a star,unlike those of today.Big Brother Z list celebs,botox your face and lips,snog another bloke or bird.Show your baps to all and sundry.Make sure the two day 'holiday' in Doo Buy is photographed,just as yer top falls off,and your surgically enhanced tits hang out.telly what a load of rollocks it is today.

Lullabelle

Banana
At least he entertained.And could be called a star,unlike those of today.Big Brother Z list celebs,botox your face and lips,snog another bloke or bird.Show your baps to all and sundry.Make sure the two day 'holiday' in Doo Buy is photographed,just as yer top falls off,and your surgically enhanced tits hang out.telly what a load of rollocks it is today.

:highfive: couldn't agree more.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

There's a big difference between saying you didn't rate someone and saying you're glad they've died. That was my point.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There's a big difference between saying you didn't rate someone and saying you're glad they've died. That was my point.
Made a mess of my keyboard when I clicked through to page two.

Top Bottom