Sir Chris Hoy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I disagree with this unless its something like lung cancer and the person was a heavy smoker etc. I think most people now realize that cancer can affect anyone and does.

I know most won't agree, but anyone who understands anything about addiction won't blame smokers either.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
There's still an element of shame to it, and that somehow the person with it is in someway responsible/to blame.

As said by postman, it doesn't care who you are, and money means nothing to it.

I'm not sure about the first bit, or I've certainly never been aware of it before.

I do think some like my old man wouldn't want to show weakness as demonstrated by the day my sister had to wrestle with him for hours to get him looking like a new pin. The disease was advanced by this time and she took in 99% of the burden. I swooped in and all I had to do was wrestle him out the car, which wasn't easy, but when he heard the voices of all his old pals in the clubhouse, he skipped in the last few steps like a teenager.

I'm sure he wasn't kidding anyone on but himself, but only I knew the gargantuan effort it took to put on that little show.

Top Bottom