Sir Chris Hoy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Sad news indeed, particularly at his relatively young age.
He sounds very upbeat and positive about it though.

Sounds to me like he was intending to keep it quiet but someone leaked it to the press and he felt it was better to make the announcement and control it rather than allow it to come out and be inaccurate

Shame on whoever leaked it if that is the case

Really wish him well - he has done amazing things for the sport and for others

Jameshow

Veteran
Why keep it quiet, at it's not something to be ashamed of?

By making it public you are helping others like Rob Burrows with MND...

Not that I don't respect people's right to privacy.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I know Chris is too classy for this, but I would have named and shamed the reporter and newspaper.

Good luck with your battle Chris 👍

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

First of all, it’s nobody else’s business.

Secondly, he has two young children to consider and whom he may not yet have told, not to mention the rest of his family.

Lastly, it should be his choice, and his alone, to make it public or not. If a journalist has threatened to print this private, medical information they should be ashamed of themselves.

Jameshow

Veteran
First of all, it’s nobody else’s business.

Secondly, he has two young children to consider and whom he may not yet have told, not to mention the rest of his family.

Lastly, it should be his choice, and his alone, to make it public or not. If a journalist has threatened to print this private, medical information they should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree esp with regards to his young children.

Also to his right to remain private.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I don't know why the media would want to leak it about him but have stayed (relatively) quiet about other big names that have C like Peter Kay.
I wish him well and hope that he gets better soon. At the absolute end of the day though you are either here or you're not.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

If it were me, I wouldn't tell anyone other than my wife.

I couldn't stand the pathetic look of pity from everyone.

My wee mate has just went through an operation to get rid of it and is now cancer free. He still has treatment to go through and has become quite ill before his chemo could start. He panics at the least wee thing though and phones his wife to give her the worst case scenario all the time, which obviously upsets her and sends her into a panic.

I'm not decrying him, we all just handle things differently and I totally get why its a private thing.

Top Bottom