Sirius 531 Touring Bike Mirage 8 sp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sirius 531 Touring Bike Mirage 8 sp 57cm

Metallic burgendy colour. Custom built in '97 and used sparingly since then (1 week tour of Alps and latterly a few audax rides). Cast lugs & bottom bracket. Good overall condition , with some odd paint nicks. Braze ons for rack/guards front and back, plus 2 pairs bottle bosses and Orbit sealed roller bearing headset. Frame treated with frame saver and waxyol when new. Stored in dry garage so no internal rust.

Mirage 8 speed Ergos
Avanti long cage rear mech & front mech
Stronglight triple 28/38/48 (FAG sealed BB)
Miche hubs on FIR black rims 32's (stainless spokes) 14 -24 miche 8 speed cassette
Cinelli 1a 9cm stem
Cinelli 64-42 bars
Selle Italia XO saddle
Dual Pivot long reach brakes.
No pedals

Good overall condition - will post some pics when I have chance. Only selling as I'm looking to buy a Ti frame.

£250 collected from Derby - or I can post @ cost ( I think this will £20-25)

May I have first refusal on this, pending photos?

OK, so what's the protocol?
I tried to bump this a couple of times during the last week, but admin removed the posts.
There's been this activity off the thread:

gnvqsos
29 Nov 2010 - 01:06 please send me details
xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com
or ring 0xxxxx xxxxxxx

island andy
30 Nov 2010 - 23:09 Hi, excuse my ignorance here but have just joined Cycle Chat because of interest in your bike but maybe having difficulty replying to you because of the newness. Guess your bike sold now but if not please notify me at axxxxxxx@xxxxx.com Many thanks A.xxxxxxx

which elicited this reply:

itisaboutthebike
30 Nov 2010 - 23:27 Hi Andy
which bike do you mean ?

to which:

island andy
01 Dec 2010 - 09:44 Sorry about the vagueness, I am interested in the tourer.

No sign of a reply. I tried drawing the vendor's attention to his thread:

fozy tornip
02 Dec 2010 - 23:27 I flagged an interest in your tourer for sale, in the thread itself, Nov 29th.
Perhaps you could clarify, in the thread, where you're at with this? Has it been sold? Has a discernible queue formed? Is gnvqsos referring to the same bike or the other one you have for sale?

Nothing. Anyone got any ideas about how to get our coy seller to open up. Alternatively, if anyone's managed to buy this bike could you let me know?

Shaun

Founder
The protocol is usually to post on the thread or PM the seller, but bumping doesn't help if the seller doesn't reply - which is why, I assume, a moderator has removed the bump posts.

If a seller won't respond there's little else we can do really.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

PpPete

Legendary Member
FWIW I've also had some difficulty communicating with user itisaboutthebike. He expressed an interest in some chain rings I had to offer, but has not responded to my pm or on the thread in the ForSale board....

Tynan

Veteran
I'll guess he put it up for sle all over the place and as soon as it was sold lost any interest in letting anyone know

Jezston

Über Member
The username sounds familiar to an auction I was looking at on ebay back when I was looking for a frame, which would correspond to the dates. He sold it before I could go and have a look at it sadly.

Shaun

Founder
There has been no response from the seller so I have closed this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom