SIS online shop - anyone had any shopping experiences with them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickAKA

Über Member
I'm a bit torn about this cos I don't like to moan (no, really). I run a couple of online retail websites so I know how difficult it can be, but they do get on my thruppenies and I'm wondering if it's just 'bad luck'.

Latest example; they ran an offer on the bank holiday weekend where it was spend over £30 for free 2-3 day delivery plus 12 free caffeine shots, plus an extra 15% off with an offer code.

Fair play to them, you do normally get decent deals, they'd aready discounted the stuff I actually wanted (which made it slightly cheaper than, say, wiggle) so all in all, not bad.

Then the bad. It took over a week to arrive, which is irritating but normal for them, and the free shots weren't in the box. I'm really not that fussed about them tbh, but at checkout it asked me to select which free shots I wanted, then they don't send them.

Dunno whether to complain or not given that the shots would have probably been deposited in the bin in 12 months time untouched, but it does bug me. Anyone experienced similar with them?

U

User6179

I'm a bit torn about this cos I don't like to moan (no, really). I run a couple of online retail websites so I know how difficult it can be, but they do get on my thruppenies and I'm wondering if it's just 'bad luck'.

Latest example; they ran an offer on the bank holiday weekend where it was spend over £30 for free 2-3 day delivery plus 12 free caffeine shots, plus an extra 15% off with an offer code.

Fair play to them, you do normally get decent deals, they'd aready discounted the stuff I actually wanted (which made it slightly cheaper than, say, wiggle) so all in all, not bad.

Then the bad. It took over a week to arrive, which is irritating but normal for them, and the free shots weren't in the box. I'm really not that fussed about them tbh, but at checkout it asked me to select which free shots I wanted, then they don't send them.

Dunno whether to complain or not given that the shots would have probably been deposited in the bin in 12 months time untouched, but it does bug me. Anyone experienced similar with them?

If it was me I would probably end up with all my money back plus keeping the goods :biggrin:

Don't let them away with it, complain, ask for a voucher code for future purchase at very least.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Nothing to do with SiS but can I ask what caffeine shots do for you? Never came across those before.

Caffeine blocks messages. Namely, fatigue and pain. These are little bottles of peculiar liquid. Cola was the name on mine, but it tasted like lizard venom. I got some free and I trialled two on a recent 508km (24 hours riding) ride with no sleep. Vile and acidic. I could feel the burn in my stomach.

tom73

Guru
Use them often had freebies missing too but every time I’ve just emailed them or chat online and they soon sent out the stuff.
Never had an issue they always fix errors quickly and no fuss they even doubled an buy one get one free order once told me to keep it. 4 active recovery big tubs for cost of one.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I use them quite a bit, but only when they have deals or offers on - they're quite expensive at "retail" prices.

Delivery is usually very quick - I only ever use standard (free) and it's often delivered in one or two working days.

That said, you do need to be careful with offers. If it's a code it sometimes doesn't register first time and it can be confusing with freebies - sometimes you have to put the item in the basket as if you were buying it and the website will remove the cost, other times it adds the freebies automatically.

Always double check the basket and the price before confirming the order. :okay:

OP
OP
nickAKA

nickAKA

Über Member
Sounds like it is just me then :blush:

I'll drop them an email when I get time. I've stuck with them regardless mainly cos I like the Rego chocolate, purely an anecdotal opinion but I find it does help. A bloke in a bike shop suggested taking a dose the night before a big ride and I have done ever since; I have yet to bonk so I stick to whatever appears to work...
Ta for responses.

OP
OP
nickAKA

nickAKA

Über Member
Caffeine blocks messages. Namely, fatigue and pain. These are little bottles of peculiar liquid. Cola was the name on mine, but it tasted like lizard venom. I got some free and I trialled two on a recent 508km (24 hours riding) ride with no sleep. Vile and acidic. I could feel the burn in my stomach.

The freebies were 'tropical flavour' which sounds disgusting... would have been more upset if they'd been cola :laugh:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Sounds like it is just me then :blush:

I'll drop them an email when I get time. I've stuck with them regardless mainly cos I like the Rego chocolate, purely an anecdotal opinion but I find it does help. A bloke in a bike shop suggested taking a dose the night before a big ride and I have done ever since; I have yet to bonk so I stick to whatever appears to work...
Ta for responses.

I have tried all sorts and SIS is by far the best for me. Works for my gut and works for silly distances when I start to fall to pieces. I am not tied to it though and I cope well with proper food best. My favourite product is also the Rego. My recovery and dehydration issues after long rides have all but disappeared.

Top Bottom