Site update - Thank you Shaun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Difficult to use on a samsung galaxy S2 and very slow (Android 4.1.2 with Opera classic browser) although it does scale properly and looks much better, it's not quick. (I preferred tapatalk on the mobile)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Everything is far too small now when viewed on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Any way to adjust font sizes in settings?
I'm using the Opera Mobile browser on my Tab, which is also an 8.9, and everything looks slightly larger after the changes!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Mostly looking good, but "Ignore new posts" isn't the most obvious place to go looking for the "ignore these forums" selection! The upgrade lost the settings, so I had to go and recreate them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just discovered the joys of automatic draft-saving when I returned from a browser crash, to find my half-written post waiting for me!

I don't like way that the smilies list pops up under my touchscreen keyboards on phone and Tab.

I love the dissapearance of the constant resizing that was necessary before the changes.

I was reading the bottom post of a long page when an alert popped up. When I dismissed that, the page scrolled back to the top without any input from me, which meant I had to scroll back down again. That is not good.

paul04

Über Member
The new website update looks really good on my mobile phone (Samsung galaxy s4).
pages fit the screen without any adjustment, and fast to open all the pages. :smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Any chance of a 'top of page' link? Touch screen scrolling is a pita
I've just found the Top link. :blush::addict:

snorri

Legendary Member
Oooo I can post a smiley from an android phone :thumbsup:
When I quote someone, the quoted words just above^, and my response appears in tiny print, and the access to smileys using a pc, has gone(inserts sad smiley here).

Edit. The print size in the actual posting is as before.(inserts happy smiley here)

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
Try refreshing your browser cache with CTRL+F5 - this should remove any pre-upgrade files and replace them with the latest ones.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Awesome upgrade runs really well the cashing of content server side is so much more effective. Feels like a lot of the DB has had work, overall a far better experience.
Specially on mobile devices.. Nice job

rualexander

Legendary Member
I'm using the Opera Mobile browser on my Tab, which is also an 8.9, and everything looks slightly larger after the changes!
Weird, I've tried it in Dolphin, Opera Mobile and the stock Android browser and in all cases the text is far too small, much smaller than it was before this update.
And entering text here in the reply panel is much slower than it was.
And as with before the update, I can't paste links or anything else into the reply panel.

Top Bottom