Size 14 and duck feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barongreenback

Über Member
Hi all

After a bout of illness and enjoying my cycling I've decided to treat myself to a new steed. Budget is £2,500. I would like:

- Comfort/endurance orientated
- Disc brakes preferable
- Reasonably lightweight as I'm rubbish on hills
- Frame size suitable for my height (193cm)
- Little bit of bling would be nice. Not after di2 but a smattering of Ultegra would be good at my budget.
- Much as the online offerings are good value for money, I am slightly reluctant to buy something at this level without riding it first.

Don't care about brand snobbery, inverse or otherwise.

My only issue is that I have size 14 feet and duck feet i.e. my toes point out. I use Speedplay pedals but I still find myself knocking up against the chain stays on some bikes. I use pedal axle extenders and my cleats are pushed back but I'm not convinced this is very good for my knees. I will be undertaking a proper bike fit next week to see what the solution is. Current bike is a Cannondale Synapse alloy 105 that I will be turning into a winter soft roader.

That all being said, anyone else have this issue and can anyone recommend a bike where this problem would be minimised?

Thanks in advance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Carbon Synapse with disc brakes if the geometry works?

OP
OP
barongreenback

barongreenback

Über Member
Definitely an option although my heels do hit the chain stay without the extenders (which may need to be a permanent option but I thought I would explore different bikes first). Although as pleased as I am with it, it's nice to have something different.

Top Bottom