Size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Again, 29" - is that crutch to floor or trouser length? If crutch to floor what trouser length do you wear? 25"? I have problems finding 27" inside leg trousers with my 31" crutch to floor measure. We need to define what we are talking about. Looking again at the geometry drawing it appears that the ST is measured bottom bracket centre to the top of the seat tube, I always use centre to centre, as you can't tell how much seat tube is above the top tube. How far along the top tube is the standover height measured? The only thing to do is try a 44cm, and I bet the shop doesn't have one in stock. In the past. before I knew any better. I was persuaded to buy a bike too big for me, by a shop that was all too happy to close a deal.
Edit: - just noticed Merida recommend the 44cm for under 167cm tall. 5'5" = 165cm

Inside leg measurement, crotch to ankle, I'm 5' 6".

Last edited by a moderator:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Inside leg measurement, crotch to ankle, I'm 5' 6".
Longer legs than me then - you could probably ride the 47cm, me the 44. You've really got to try a bike if you can. Trouble is bike shops don't keep many XS bikes in stock.

D

Deleted member 1258

Longer legs than me then - you could probably ride the 47cm, me the 44. You've really got to try a bike if you can. Trouble is bike shops don't keep many XS bikes in stock.

If the Geometry details are correct the top tube would be too long on both sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hard to tell if it would suit me. On my bikes I use a setback seatpost with the saddle near the back and quite long stems. The TT measurements are 'virtual' after all. Reckon it might be OK for me. All theoretical anyway.

Slick

Guru
True.
I cannot find a Merida to fit me, for the same reason as the OP, that slanted top tube and my wee legs don't match in the bike's available sizes.
My Tour de Fer fits OK, but there's a remarked toe overlap, plus the mudguard stays sometimes jab my legs.
My Pinnacle fits perfectly.
All my bikes are XS.
I feel that bikes with smaller wheels fit me the best.
Mrs Slick had much the same issues until she went to the step through frame of the e-bike.

Top Bottom