Skewer question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haffelhoss

Hi all. Recently joined the forum, some great info here. Was an avid biker as a youngster but haven't cycled a great deal as an adult. Purchased a Kona Hoss not long ago and loving it. When it arrived the front wheel didnt have a skewer but had a fairly secure locking mechanism which passed through the hub. (FYI the forks are marzochi dirt jumper 2's). I decided to get some a pair of skewers and got some nice red a2z jobs. The front skewer is however too short and the one designed to fit the rear fits the front perfectly. Is this a common issue with modern forks?? Does anyone know if Halo Porkies would fit?

Thanks

OP
OP
H

Haffelhoss

Bump anyone.. :biggrin:

These are the skewers I am considering. I would prefer to know that they will fit though. That or buy two rear skewers.... ;)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Halo_Porkies_XL_Alloy_QR_Skewers/5360042438/

Shaun

Founder
Hi,

Welcome to the forums. I've moved your thread here as the MTB crew may be able to give you a quicker and fuller answer.

Cheers,
Shaun :evil:

OP
OP
H

Haffelhoss

Thanks for that twin. Glad I only wasted 2 secs of your time! :wacko:

In that case it won't fit. The rear skewer i have fitted to the front is 135
mm. I'm slightly puzzled as to why this might be the case. Oh well, 2 rears it is.

02GF74

Über Member
is it possible that you have road bike skewers instead of mtb skewers? I would need to check but I though rod bike ones were a bit shorter.

Top Bottom