Skinhead/suedehead style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Black DM's with yellow stitching. I used to have a pair that went half way up my leg and they were a real pain in the arse to lace up after you had PE and your hands were frozen. Those were the days.

Bandini

rich p said:
I could only afford monkey boots although I did have a pair of Royal brogues with added segs:smile:

Ah! Segs! The thrill of the clopping echo in our wooden assembly hall! I was a little two tone boy at ten - cos all the bigger lads on the estate were. At 11 I had Harrington, burgandy stay-prest and segs. But I had longer hair and Hush Puppies and adored The Jam.

Renard

I remember getting a proper skinhead when I was about to leave school and getting hell from my mum and dad as 'I would never get a job'.

garrilla

4F said:
Black DM's with yellow stitching. I used to have a pair that went half way up my leg and they were a real pain in the arse to lace up after you had PE and your hands were frozen. Those were the days.

I'm currently wearing these, which is like my favourite trainers and favourite boots from 1980 all rolled into one.

adidas_superstarlto_bk_med.jpg

Bandini

I have a pair of Doc Marten lace up boots now that I wear them work - comfortable and very cheap for the wear you get out of them.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I can't believe we haven't mentioned Ben Sherman's with button down collars in check or plain.
Braces were cool too with the trousers resulting in showing a garish sock!:laugh:
I hanker after a pair of two tone tonics to this day!
Trilby, anyone?:biggrin:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Greedo said:
As I'm only 37 not style when I was younger. Now it's cut like that through no choice. Bit bald at the back and if I grow it just looks ridiculous and trying to hide I'm going bald. Number 2 cut every week or so.

cut it yourself? I usually get the wife to do mine, but right now its desperately needing a trim :laugh:

Renard

Uncle Mort said:
But if I tried the same cut now I'd look like one of the Mitchell brothers!

At bedtime last night I was reading a book of Charlie Brooker articles and came across this:-

'A shaved head only works on a bony face: pack a little extra weight and suddenly your taking part in a Phil Mitchell lookalike contest in which the only contestants are you and Steve McFadden. And he finishes last.'

rich p

ridiculous old lush
threebikesmcginty said:
Do they still make monkey boots? - I used to live in them, so to speak...

I believe so but perhaps John the M or Flying M would know:wacko:

Coincidentally I saw some Church's brogues in a shop window this morning for £370:ohmy::ohmy:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was a mod in the eightes tailor made clothes succesion of Vespas and Lambrettas, had a lot of mates who were suede heads and skins, all top guys only downside for them was the unfortunate hijacking of the look by the NF. They always were explaining to people they were into ska and reggae and hated racists.

Top Bottom