Skintstana = Livestrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Speaking to Cycling Weekly, Gazzetta dello Sport and the Associated Press news agency after arriving at his hotel near Venice on Wednesday evening, Armstrong revealed his frustration with the Kazakhstan sponsors and hinted that if they end their backing before the Tour de France, he would try and take over.

“Maybe the situation gets resolved and the guys start getting their dough, otherwise I think the licence ought to be transferred to Johan and we try and start a team in the middle of the season.

Armstrong made it clear he had nothing concrete in place to save the Astana team but seems to have worked through several possible scenarios.

From Cycling Weekly.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news..._save_astana_team_article_282055.html?aff=rss

yello

It looks like it's all going pear shaped for LA doesn't it? I'm actually genuinely disappointed for him.

Loads of ifs here, but if Astana does implode and if LA can put something together, I just can't see ASO transferring the Astana invite to Team X. To me in prophet of doom mode, I don't reckon we're going to see LA riding the TdF. And that does actually sadden me, I'm somewhat surprised to realise.

yello said:
It looks like it's all going pear shaped for LA doesn't it? I'm actually genuinely disappointed for him.

Loads of ifs here, but if Astana does implode and if LA can put something together, I just can't see ASO transferring the Astana invite to Team X. To me in prophet of doom mode, I don't reckon we're going to see LA riding the TdF. And that does actually sadden me, I'm somewhat surprised to realise.

Yes, I've said all along I was looking forward to seeing him race but the omens have not been good and the distractions are many and I already thought they were many in his final years but this is a notch above.

Can't see Livestrong getting involved, though it wouldn't be the first charity to sponsor a team 'tis interesting though, stranger things have happened (Armstrong's return for instance).

Will1985

Über Member
LA could always drop down and ride with his development Trek-Livestrong team!

rich p said:
that EPO lot who sponsor the ToCal
Amgen - incidentally, there was also the news yesterday that the ToC has been approved to be moved to May so it will now clash with the Giro and become a warm up race for the TdF.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Armstrong confident of finding new sponsor;

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...ponsor_for_astana_article_282075.html?aff=rss

Despite all of this, Armstrong seemed confident he can find the cash and take over the team from the Kazak sponsors, who currently hold the ProTour licence.

"Considering the economy and considering global sports sponsorships, if it's the title sponsor on Tiger's bag, or it's stadium rights, it's a tough climate for all that stuff. But we've had high interest," he said.

Top Bottom