Skip find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Got this out of a skip the other day, 1976 sa hub, no rust everything well oiled, dynamo lighting with internal wiring that works perfectly, kick stand nice chrome mudguards and chain guard . It's got some odd size 20 inch wheels that are slightly bigger than other 20 inch bikes I have, forget the number's now, I guess it will have some odd French threads too.
IMG_20211011_084059.jpg

IMG_20211016_112606.jpg

All uphill

Still rolling along
That's a great find.

I must have a scan of skips in our locality.

SV980

Regular
Got this out of a skip the other day, 1976 sa hub, no rust everything well oiled, dynamo lighting with internal wiring that works perfectly, kick stand nice chrome mudguards and chain guard . It's got some odd size 20 inch wheels that are slightly bigger than other 20 inch bikes I have, forget the number's now, I guess it will have some odd French threads too. View attachment 615700

View attachment 615701
Thats a cool colour . Nice free find .
I had a red one for a while . It was left behind at local bike shop by a french sailing boat traveller.

Attachments

• pugfolder.jpg
    pugfolder.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 9
Got this out of a skip the other day, 1976 sa hub, no rust everything well oiled, dynamo lighting with internal wiring that works perfectly, kick stand nice chrome mudguards and chain guard . It's got some odd size 20 inch wheels that are slightly bigger than other 20 inch bikes I have, forget the number's now, I guess it will have some odd French threads too. View attachment 615700

View attachment 615701
good find - clearly a high class of skip round your way - do they have doily trims?

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Thats a cool colour . Nice free find .
I had a red one for a while . It was left behind at local bike shop by a french sailing boat traveller.
Yes it's a very attractive colour, I like the style of vintage French roadsters headlight on chrome mudguard and more ornate chain case, this is the nearest I've found to one.

Top Bottom