Skoda sponsorship ads around ITV4 Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
What do other people think of the new Skoda ads, which are basically family / ordinary people filmed with professional soundtracks in close up, then revealled to be normal folk in everyday contexts?

I really like them, but I read a snipe about them in another thread. What do you think?

I think they are funny and they still make me smile, despite repeat viewings, I like the notion that we all can cherish a few fantasies about our lives on a bike.

subaqua

What’s the point
Some people have no sense of humour

pawl

Legendary Member
Do you remember ad from a few years back of four men running up a mountain pass carrying a roof rack above there heads with four bikes attached.
Well it amused me.Before any one responds yes I am easily amused.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Just watched the highlights to see the ads, meh to be honest, bland and inoffensive.

The one that sticks with me for sheer hatefulness after seeing it more than once was a Lucozade IIRC one, old beardy coach shouting Winner at the rider and making a W sign with his hands. Winner wasn't the W word that sprang to mind after seeing it a couple of times.
They used it every single ad break.

And I still prefer the C4 music.

Bah

tumblr_o8rogrkVIg1snt376o2_500.jpg

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 4358668, member: 43827"]That's what makes a lot of it interesting.[/QUOTE]
To you maybe!
I just want to watch the cycling. I don't give a toss about landscape and old churches.

Lullabelle

Banana
I'm afraid nothing's beaten their "Emergency Massage" ad from a year or two back.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inxqIa8jgA4

Eurosport used to have some belters too, like the one of Nibali and Basso cooking a Sidi shoe, for some reason, or "Kazhakstan of the 21st Century", which seemed to be for tourism, or business, or something.

I like this one, it shows what really happens, fast paced and interesting.

Top Bottom