England : West Yorkshire Skoda Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SquareDaff

Über Member
Yes - I'm riding it. It was mentioned in an email to all London Surrey 100 entrants, which probably explains why there's a lot of them there tomorrow.

Was limited to 60 places which I believe are all gone now.

Essentially - you're split into teams of 15 and "pootle" around the Wakefield area tackling hills similar to the ones you might find on the London 100. There are 2 pro riders per group (from Rapha Condor JLT and Matrix Fitness) and a support car. Rides are about 40 miles long. At the end of the ride you can talk to the pros and get a few tips etc..

OP
OP
Richard A Thackeray

Richard A Thackeray

Legendary Member
Thanks for that!

If I'm up in time, I might have a ride over to watch you all set off

There are a few reasonable hills/drags, if you head south, along the A636 (under jct39/M1)
They start from (& around) Clayton West

They did one in Pontypridd in April. They are only advertised to Ride London participants but the one in Pontypridd was not full so I managed to tag a long with a friend who is signed up for the Ride London event.

It was a great event, just under 40 miles and it took in some of the big local hills and was lead by one of the local cycling clubs who had planned the route. You are split in to groups dependant on your average speed. You get to ride and chat with some pro racers (Ed Clancy was at the Pontypridd event), there were 2 pros going out with each group. All very friendly and relaxed and you get a picnic lunch at the end, hats off to Skoda for arranging it. If you get the chance to go on one I would definitely recommend it.

Top Bottom