Sky Ride Middlesbrough 2010 - Cycle Leader Enquiry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

Hi all, I stumbled across an appeal in my local newspaper for Sky Ride leaders - which looked like a good idea at the time. When Ive looked at the application forms it mentions that I must do 4 led rides, and being 'oop north Im concerned that the other 3 rides will be too far away and leave me footing a £100 charge for the 'free' training.

Edit: Just looked and the other rides are indeed too far away. Even the 'local' rides are at least 80 miles away. Ive emailed British Cycling to see if indeed 4 rides is the case.

The training just happens to fall on the Sunday of the York cycle show, which I would prefer to attend but I could go on the Saturday instead to York.

Does anyone think its worth putting myself forward for this, or just go along on the day and enjoy a relaxing ride?

Ta, Mike

mr browndog

mike.pembo said:
Hi all, I stumbled across an appeal in my local newspaper for Sky Ride leaders - which looked like a good idea at the time. When Ive looked at the application forms it mentions that I must do 4 led rides, and being 'oop north Im concerned that the other 3 rides will be too far away and leave me footing a £100 charge for the 'free' training.

Edit: Just looked and the other rides are indeed too far away. Even the 'local' rides are at least 80 miles away. Ive emailed British Cycling to see if indeed 4 rides is the case.

The training just happens to fall on the Sunday of the York cycle show, which I would prefer to attend but I could go on the Saturday instead to York.

Does anyone think its worth putting myself forward for this, or just go along on the day and enjoy a relaxing ride?

Ta, Mike

i seen this ride for middlesbrough advertised aswell mark, was thinking about going along for a ride to see what the craic is but wasnt sure what these sky rides are like, if there a bit gay or what (if you know what i mean)

any one with any experience in them

also you know what part of middlesbrough they will be shutting?

peteoc

I had a look at the sky rides previously and it looks like it's a leisurely ride around and not too far (a few miles?). I think the aim is to get the lazy people off their bums and onto bikes - I don't feel they are promoted towards regular riders.

If I'm wrong then please let me know!

dav1d

peteoc said:
I had a look at the sky rides previously and it looks like it's a leisurely ride around and not too far (a few miles?). I think the aim is to get the lazy people off their bums and onto bikes - I don't feel they are promoted towards regular riders.

If I'm wrong then please let me know!

They do have some 20 mile + Sky Rides. Plus the one I went on today (Uppermill) was really hilly.

Top Bottom