Sky Sponsorship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Seeing as it's the quiet season this is probably worth batting around.

INRNG recently pointed out in one of their bits-and-pieces posts that the Murdochs are flogging off 21st Century Fox (21CF) to Disney. The Sky brand is part of 21CF and also forms part of the deal. Given that James Murdoch played a major role in the team's formation and support, how safe is the sponsorship deal now that they won't have an enthusiast-backer? Given recent bouts of 'carelessness', will an image-conscious mega-corp with no particular interest in cycling be willing to carry on the funding?

Whatever you think of Team Sky, they've been generous and effective sponsors.

I quite fancy a return to some random collection of sponsors. Team Giffgaff-Poundland?

Murdoch remains on the board though doesn't he or a director, so difficult to call. I can't see a cycling team being Disney's thing unless there were 7 short people and a princess in the team.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Murdoch remains on the board though doesn't he or a director, so difficult to call. I can't see a cycling team being Disney's thing unless there were 7 short people and a princess in the team.
The Disney CEO Richard Iger has some fingers in the Merkin Football pie so he’s no stranger to sports team ownership, but for an organisation on the scale of Disney I agree that it’s not something they’ll see as a strategic priority.

Froome’s got the Dopey role sewn up
I think I’d be concerned about this man’s role in the organisation.

DocDwarf.png

U

User169

I suspect the only thing that us execs will know about pro-cycling is lance armstrong and us postal/discovery channel. Maybe they won't want anything to do with that....

pawl

Legendary Member
Who's Goofy? The team doctor?

Definitely the team doctor,he is still working out what T U E means.probably thinks it’s an abrivation for Tuesday.

Top Bottom