Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
This might get moved as Im sure its in the wrong place, but anyway....I put my laptop on just now, and was called on Skype by a name I didnt know. I went to look at their profile-incase I did know them, and accidentally added them to my contacts. He rang me 3 times, which I ignored, then I messaged him to ask if I knew him. He said hed seen my picture on Facebook and wanted to talk to me.
Nice try, seeing as im not on facebook:laugh:
His details list him as being in this country, with an English name.
Now, obviously he is a weirdo, and I have now blocked him, but how did he find me on Skype? Im curious:wacko:

potsy

Rambler
:ph34r:

Octet

Veteran
The disadvantage of Skype is you can begin to search someone, and like on Facebook it begins to suggest people with Similar Names.
They could of then just selected you at random.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
This might get moved as Im sure its in the wrong place, but anyway....I put my laptop on just now, and was called on Skype by a name I didnt know. I went to look at their profile-incase I did know them, and accidentally added them to my contacts. He rang me 3 times, which I ignored, then I messaged him to ask if I knew him. He said hed seen my picture on Facebook and wanted to talk to me.
Nice try, seeing as im not on facebook:laugh:
His details list him as being in this country, with an English name.
Now, obviously he is a weirdo, and I have now blocked him, but how did he find me on Skype? Im curious:wacko:

Go into the settings in skype and go to the privacy settings and set it so only people on you contact list can call you otherwise you will have potsy every weirdo there is calling you.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Lisa, when my Grandfather was alive (and abroad, hence the need for skype) he used to tell me that a young lady of 21 wanted to get to know him better. Does she not realize I'm 85, he mused.
... he had left his status as "available to chat" :laugh:

Top Bottom