1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Melvil, 14 Oct 2007.

1. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Good or bad? What do you think?

2. For talking to my mate in Oz its ideal, as I'm not paying for it. When I first moved into this flat the phone line wasn't in and I tried it as a land line. I could hear fine but my mother had difficulty hearing me but she's half deaf. It feels a little strange at first talking to a monitor.

3. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Wikipedia says it circumvents firewalls :biggrin:

4. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

And does what?

5. twentysix by twentyfive

Not sure. But if true it must expose a weakness in protective measures currently employed. Which could be bad.

6. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Hmmm....you know that saying about 'things that are too good to be true usually are'...

7. twentysix by twentyfive

Yes, well, hmmmmph - Wikepedia is the font of all knowledge :biggrin:

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Well, indeed. Wiki is sometimes LOL funny when some eejit decides to do a hatchet job on a historical figure or whatnot - one moment you're reading about political aspirations and then the next you're wading through a river of C and F words. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. twentysix by twentyfive

OT but Wiki's biog. of Ronnie Hazelhurst was used by several well respected newspapers as well as the BBC for his obit. recently. He was credited by these august organs (to coin a phrase) to have been part of the songwriting for S club 7's "Reach" hit. Quite erroneously........ :biggrin:

10. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I can believe it!

11. twentysix by twentyfive

Going back to the OP - free telephone calls, got to be good surely.

12. gkerr4

gkerr4 New Member

hmm - agreeing to the terms and conditions in the user licence - which you have to do in order to use the service - gives them the authority to use your pc and internet connection as a node in the whole scheme of things. By accepting, therefore, you give someone else access to your computer. In addition - as said previously, the service runs in additon to a firewall, but because of the agreement, you provide a back door in anyway.
    your choice really, if you are happy with the free phone calls then great but if you are very security conscious then you won't want to agree with the T's & C's