Skyride coming to Southampton.. but..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Sailorchick said:
Excellent, and its even on a day when I'm in Southampton (sailing competition the day before) so can come and see what its all about.

The comments are just plain ridiculous on the echo, thankfully most car drivers on my commute are much more enlightened!

Same here, most drivers are cool. Lorry guys and motorbikers are pretty cool here (excluding the kids riding on a 50cc wasp). Though I did lose my rag a couple of times today and ended up giving one driver the "coffee shaker" and telling off another for pulling out.. :becool:

I might pootle down there myself now, just to show support.

Kaipaith said:
I live opposite a shop. There is a car park next to the shop.

On a daily basis I see people get into their cars and drive to the shop - as they live so close I can see their entire journey (should I choose to watch it). They do not park in the car park of the shop, but instead park in the road in front of it.

Naturally, after buying their paper / overpriced catfood they then drive home

See the very same a lot. One road - Chessel Avenue you can see them get in the car and drive up the hill to the shops. Fair enough for big shops but I'll go in there for a snacks or something and see the same person buying a packet of bisquits.

My late Grandfather was like it too. Had 3 Jags, used to get into one to drive down the road and get his paper. Developed heart problems so the Doc asks "whats your day like". He went ape when Grandad told him about the paper trip. His inactivity killed him in the end imo when he got neumonia. 72, smoker, lazy.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Skyride is on a Sunday, why can’t we make it more interesting and have it on a Monday :blush:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
numbnuts said:
Skyride is on a Sunday, why can’t we make it more interesting and have it on a Monday :blush:

Or just say f*** it, lets have a congestion zone. Just allow buses, cyclists, taxis, delivery drivers etc :wacko::smile::wacko:

Top Bottom