Slight brown trouser moment....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
.....but not for me. Call it Monday morning lack of concentration/concentrating on overtaking a stopped bus/whatever but outside the John Evelyn pub in Deptford this morning I was late noticing that the pedestrian crossing had gone red. My rear wheel fishtailed a bit but I stopped ok. The cyclist behind me didn't seem too happy though!! :blush: Couldn't face turning to look at him so if it was you, I'm sorry (although you probably should have been slowing for the red too!) :biggrin:

that's what worries me with rljers no intention of stopping when they are behind me.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
That's my understanding too although (if we take the red light out of the equation) he wouldn't have known I was stopping until my back wheel started skidding. However with the red light, he should have been slowing and shouldn't have been that close.

Starting to wonder why I was feeling guilty now!! ;)

dondare

Über Member
I don't know about brown trousers but the rljer who went past me today left definite skidmarks when he realized that the peds had already started to cross.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
All too easily done. Mind you, I think controlled braking probably delivers a quicker and more controlled stop than skidding, so maybe you'd have been safe.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's gibberish.

Top Bottom