Slight change of direction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
End of story l feel Mr Biggs ......what do you make of these two ? My heart bleeds for the Gazelle it needs tlc from a sympathetic soul :cuppa:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
i like that but feel its overpriced a wee bit

nice but i still think that is pricey due to the name

i sold this one a while back [SOLD] Bianchi Rekord 841 Special Road bike after using it myself for a few weeks
Im sure you are right about the name (and the colour) attracting a premium. It seems that certain marques of any vehicle are always that bit more expensive than perfectly acceptable alternatives. Also as time goes by they become more and more unaffordable. As an example, some years ago l had a red Porsche 911 sc targa which at the time was not the most desirable model. I eventually sold it for £4000.00 . If you want one today and if you can find one it will be £30,000 or there about. By that token l have a Ducati 748s monoposto (also red) but lm hanging on to it even though riding it frightens the whatsits out of me !
By the way what was your red Bianchi like to ride ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Im sure you are right about the name (and the colour) attracting a premium. It seems that certain marques of any vehicle are always that bit more expensive than perfectly acceptable alternatives. Also as time goes by they become more and more unaffordable. As an example, some years ago l had a red Porsche 911 sc targa which at the time was not the most desirable model. I eventually sold it for £4000.00 . If you want one today and if you can find one it will be £30,000 or there about. By that token l have a Ducati 748s monoposto (also red) but lm hanging on to it even though riding it frightens the whatsits out of me !
By the way what was your red Bianchi like to ride ?

You are right any 911 has to be guards red unless its the early turbo's which have to be in Martini colours

From what i can remember it was ok ,but it couldnt have been anything really special otherwise it would still be in the garage

Top Bottom