Slime inner tubes!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have used them in the past, they work if the puncture is just that, not a big gash.
You still need a pump though, the air escapes until the tube self seals.
Turn the wheel a few times for the slime to act faster, buy only slime branded tubes, not imitations like chain reaction sells, they don't work.
Nowadays I don't bother with slime since I've fitted marathons greenguard on all my bikes, but I will still use the slimed tubes with the studded ice tyres, as they have less puncture protection.

Only the British could be talking about the winter weather in this heat - proof you've properly taken to your adopted country.

And you make a good point, my Marathon Winter studded tyres are the most puncture prone tyres I have.

Johnno260

Veteran
Only the British could be talking about the winter weather in this heat - proof you've properly taken to your adopted country.

And you make a good point, my Marathon Winter studded tyres are the most puncture prone tyres I have.

It was the same with my Conti Gators, puncture resistant yet I had more than my before, switched to Vitoria Rubino tyres and not one, but the tyre just came apart instead haha

Top Bottom