Slipping seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmileyBoots

Über Member
Came back from DTek on Saturday with a brand new Bachetta Giro 20. Great bike but I'm suffering one small problem - the seat keeps slipping back. I've tighened the bracket as much as I dare but it still happens when starting off (very disconcerting on a busy junction).

I'll try putting something between the bracket and the frame tonight, such as a bit of a washing-up glove but if anyone has a better idea (without welding) please let me know.

spiro

Give Kevin a call he'll know the answer.

bauldbairn

I had the same problem on one of my current seats and came up with almost the same solution. Accept I used the spare rubber spacers that I got from multiple l.e.d. light purchases. I wrapped it around the seat rails like bar tape - then went over the top of it with pvc electrical tape to hold it in place. The seat hasn't slipped back since. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SmileyBoots

SmileyBoots

Über Member
Quick Update: contacted Kevin who relayed the message from Bachetta that if the bolt on top of the seat bracket is not tight, this can cause the problem.

I tightened it as much as I dare and all was ok till I tried to pull out of a busy junction. Gave a good push on the peddle and the bike shot forward and the seat shot backwards. As I slid down my helmet hit the top of the seat and tipped down over my eyes. Because I was using SPDs I was able to keep peddling whilst being almost horizontal.
I've no idea how I recovered and I'm not sure I'd like to try it again but I'll take it easy on the way home and try something more permenant next time.

This seems to be something that has plagued Bacchetta owners for years now, most seem to fix it with a piece of inner tube under the clamp, I have heard of some people drilling the frame and fitting a pin and even a few people that have had no such issue so it seems the problem varies from bike to bike.

OP
OP
SmileyBoots

SmileyBoots

Über Member
Thanks to all for the advice - the theme seems to be 'rubber is best' so I'll give it a go.

Apart from this seat problem though, it really is a nice bike.

mickle said:
Warranty!

Indeed it should be.

Top Bottom