Slippy SPD-SL pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a pair of exhustar SPD-SL pedals that are matched with official Look Keo cleats that have done no more than 300 miles.

When I am clipped in with one foot and try to push away with the other it feels like my foot is going slipping off on the clipped in side. It also makes a squeaky noise.

I have inspected the cleats and there is plenty of life in them, they don't feel greasy and they are screwed into my shoes tight. The pedal is screwed all the way in to the crank arm and set to a reasonable release tension. Any ideas what is causing it as it make me look like a fool pulling away from junctions!

Thinking the pedals have reached the end of there life and need replacing?

Citius

Others might understand what you're getting at - but I don't.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
Best way to describe it when you push down on the pedal it feels like your foot is coming off the pedal instead of remaining static because its clipped in.

Citius

Are you on red cleats, with float? That may explain the movement, which is normal. Otherwise, I still don't really get what the issue is.

OP
OP
bikingdad90
Yes I am on red cleats with the float. Its not a sideways/rotation movement, its like a back and forth movement. If I push hard I am afraid my foot will fall off the pedal.

Citius

SPD-SL are these shimano compatible, not look compatible?

Not sure if keo cleats will fit shimano pedals?

This might need further clarification. If you're trying to fit keo cleats into SPD-SL pedals, then that might be the answer...

Top Bottom