Slow DOWN - WAVE, WAVE!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
Driving home from work today I saw a 4x4 driving out of my village towing a caravan, and it flashed it's lights at me, and made a palm down gesticulation. Now I am assuming (as I didn't know the bloke, or recognise his monstrosity car) he was warning me of a speed camera.

I made a w****r sign back.

A bloke I work with had already told me there was a mobile speed camera in the village, although I did tell him I don't need warning, I can clearly see posted speed limit signs.

It bugs the hell out of me, because I wonder what he (the 4x4 caravan towing bloke) was hoping to achieve by warning me, and what his motivation was?

He had a woman sat in the passenger seat, and at least 1 child in the back. So it is fair to say he 'could' be a family man on his way to a weekend away with his clan?

He saw me (and other cars) driving towards a village with a clearly marked 30mph limit. There was a speed camera van there, and he flashed.........So......

He doesn't want me to speed in the village, get caught, and have to pay a fine? (accept responsibility)

or...

He is ok with people speeding in villages, just doesn't want the pesky police/govt robbing the poor motorist with a speeding stealth tax?

Now.......what would he do if there 'wasn't' a speed camera there?

Would he still flash and wave at people in cars entering every village/town he drives through?

I think not........but why not?

I have a problem.........he had a 'family' in his car.

How would he feel if people were warned of speed cameras in his village, and thereby not made to accept responsibility for speeding, and on another day (with no warning) a speeding driver runs one of his kids down?

Sounds like you need therapy.

roubaix murry

You noticed the wife and family in the car but still give him the w****r sign, nice!
Sometimes the speed trap are in positions which appear to be just a money making exercises, I grant you a village location is not one of those but show some class and just ignore him.