slow punctures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david1701

I have a bit of a nuts one, I lost no pressure riding here but while I've been sat it has gone flat. Did the same before, I pulled it off to patch and couldn't find any holes.

Any thoughts

Oh and I scared the hell out of myself this morning by bursting the tyre I put in to replace it :biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I have a bit of a nuts one, I lost no pressure riding here but while I've been sat it has gone flat. Did the same before, I pulled it off to patch and couldn't find any holes.

Any thoughts

Oh and I scared the hell out of myself this morning by bursting the innertube I put in to replace it :biggrin:

FTFY :smile:

Put tube in water. Any air escaping produce bubbles. No air escaping and someone is f'ink around with the bike :smile:

OP
OP
D

david1701

yeah I meant tube :biggrin: I have a feeling it was user error because I was rushing and it was dark in the shed so I didn't sit the tyre in the bead properly and the tube pushed it out and burst at like 65 psi. Not 100% though

Shoved some air in this one, maybe 40 psi which to see if it site flat again before I leave (will pump it up again/more properly then)

I need to invest in a smaller pump for carrying around that is BETTER than this 'Zefal' pile of plastic poo

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
yeah I meant tube :biggrin: I have a feeling it was user error because I was rushing and it was dark in the shed so I didn't sit the tyre in the bead properly and the tube pushed it out and burst at like 65 psi. Not 100% though

Shoved some air in this one, maybe 40 psi which to see if it site flat again before I leave (will pump it up again/more properly then)

I need to invest in a smaller pump for carrying around that is BETTER than this 'Zefal' pile of plastic poo

Take a look at one of these. Best pump I have ever used (bar a track pump)

OP
OP
D

david1701

seems fair, I was thinking of the wee lezyne ones because of the hose but that looks cool too (and is cheaper

OP
OP
D

david1701

I run at a hundred, the 40 is because I am lazy and have a shoot pump as a test to see if it goes down alone or if someone is funny :biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I managed about 60spi could have possibly forced the pump a little harder but didn't want to break it. Need to look for a better road pump. Glad I read this thread now!

EDIT - The Topeak Turbo Morph Pump gets great reviews.

Top Bottom