slowprogress.co.uk - 2009 update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mintsauce

19.jpg

http://www.slowprogress.co.uk

Just wanted to share my updated '09 website

Any feedback & comments are welcomed

Peace

Barlow

e-rider

crappy member
Nice interesting site Matthew.

Did you buy that Kona Cindercone secondhand? It doesn't look like a Kona Cindercone!

We (Get Cycling, formerly Company of Cyclists) and they (MAD) do many of the same events every year. I bumped into them on several occasions during the summer. I looked through the photos hoping to see one of our veehicles and found one in the fourth or fifth one I viewed.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Matthew - 'Flash' websites are all very well, but you've committed the ultimate sin of producing one that does absolutely bugger-all if Flash isn't installed AND enabled! I have my Opera browser set up with all plugins turned off by default and enable them on a site by site basis. Yours is the first site that I've come across which shows me an absolutely blank screen, and doesn't even allow me to right-click to bring up the menu which lets me enable Flash.

At the very least, detect that Flash isn't working and display a message telling us to install or enable it.

OP
OP
mintsauce

mintsauce

ColinJ said:
At the very least, detect that Flash isn't working and display a message telling us to install or enable it.

Thanks for your comment. The majority of feedback from others prior to this point regarding the sole use of Flash has been negative as well.

As I am not a web design master I am only scratching the surface of how to put together a user friendly site. However I am coming to a growing awareness that I have made a good number of serious errors! :biggrin:

I'll look into how to do this. Any tips would be appreciated! Cheers.

Top Bottom