Small road bike

• Thread starter Deleted member 41544
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 41544

Miss my road bike so on the lookout for something small and cheap-ish around the £150 mark, I like a project so doer uppers absolutely considered. I'm in Castleford West Yorkshire and will drive a fair way to collect the right bike. Frames/framesets, unfinished projects i'm also happy to take on

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've a 19" / 52cm size 531 framed Horizon Kingfisher that I've not started on yet apart from giving it a proper clean.

full.jpg

It's from Two Wheels Good in Leeds and one of their own-brand bikes. The crankset's a Stronglight triple with a 48 outer ring - so definitely a touring bike. Shifters/derailleurs are Suntour XCD 4050 and the wheels are Mavic Open 3 CD with a new front and old rear tyre. It's got a Blackburn rack and Sakae bars with Dia Compe cantilever brakes with Gran Compe levers. The chrome's all good but the paintwork is tired in places. The seatpost is fluted and moves :okay:

Basically the Horizon would benefit from a new chain, front tyre and cables which was to be done one weekend in the next couple of weeks. It's too small for me and would suit 5'4" - 5'8" I think.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Miss my road bike so on the lookout for something small and cheap-ish around the £150 mark, I like a project so doer uppers absolutely considered. I'm in Castleford West Yorkshire and will drive a fair way to collect the right bike. Frames/framesets, unfinished projects i'm also happy to take on

What frame size ?

retro or more modern ?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

I've a 19" / 52cm size 531 framed Horizon Kingfisher that I've not started on yet apart from giving it a proper clean.

View attachment 339976

It's from Two Wheels Good in Leeds and one of their own-brand bikes. The crankset's a Stronglight triple with a 48 outer ring - so definitely a touring bike. Shifters/derailleurs are Suntour XCD 4050 and the wheels are Mavic Open 3 CD with a new front and old rear tyre. It's got a Blackburn rack and Sakae bars with Dia Compe cantilever brakes with Gran Compe levers. The chrome's all good but the paintwork is tired in places. The seatpost is fluted and moves :okay:

Basically the Horizon would benefit from a new chain, front tyre and cables which was to be done one weekend in the next couple of weeks. It's too small for me and would suit 5'4" - 5'8" I think.

Might be a little too long in the leg for me that, but let me think, might call and try it for size

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

Sorted now thanks, dropped on a giant scr for £90 in good nick too

Top Bottom