Small steel road frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for a steel frame around 48-50cm for my daughter - I have all the other parts salvaged from a crashed bike so ideally it needs to accept a 1 1/8" headset and 68mm British bottom bracket - and rim brakes rather than discs. Anyone out there upgraded - or grown out of their frame...

colly

Re member eR
I have a small frame thats gathering dust but its ally/carbon

OP
OP
S
I have a nice 90's Omega one which I'm pretty sure is in that size- any good?
Hi Walkman man - I’m not familiar with Omega frames but it sounds interesting. Forgive my ignorance but does it take 700 mm wheels? If so a picture or two would be great.
Thanks

walkman-man

Righto, well here's a link to the Velobase website where I've made an entry for the frame. Quite a few pics on there and some info, although it's really written for the bike enthusiasts on there. I don't have the original forks, but do have a nice pair of carbon ones that are quite a good match. Give more of a comfy ride than the original steel ones anyway. I can provide pics of these plus more info if needed. And 700c wheels will go on fine.
http://www.velobase.com/Velos/ViewM...f3aa71-5693-4d5e-83d3-f5c2bf58d88b&PgOffset=0

OP
OP
S
Righto, well here's a link to the Velobase website where I've made an entry for the frame. Quite a few pics on there and some info, although it's really written for the bike enthusiasts on there. I don't have the original forks, but do have a nice pair of carbon ones that are quite a good match. Give more of a comfy ride than the original steel ones anyway. I can provide pics of these plus more info if needed. And 700c wheels will go on fine.
http://www.velobase.com/Velos/ViewM...f3aa71-5693-4d5e-83d3-f5c2bf58d88b&PgOffset=0
Thanks and Definitely interesting ( - although it looks like it’s been well used). Have you got a price in mind (with fork included) - and whereabouts are you?

walkman-man

Glad you like it. It's clearly a classy build with lots of nice touches, as mentioned on the Velobase entry- but one big consideration is if the new owner can get along with the day-glo colour, very 90's:smile: Condition is a bit tatty as you say, and there's also a small dent in the down tube but everything is straight and sound, threads ok etc. Deciding on a price is hard because this is a rare and quality frame, although probably not so attractive if the new owner isn't a bike enthusiast/serious road racer (this is a purist racing bike). But from a more practical angle, the forks included are carbon and more collectably are the one inch steerer tube type, so worth a fair amount in their own right- so I'll have to price frame and forks at £70. Let me know if that's of any interest- or if you're undecided I can send you a pic of the forks- these are a Brian Rourke set and well up to the quality of the frame.
And as for my location, it's NW London, but rather out in the sticks there.

Top Bottom