Smart 1/2 watt rear light owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
What sort of fittings do they come with?
Some sites say they have clothing clips, some seat stay mountings and some just the seat post:wacko:
I was thinking of getting one for each seatstay if they come with the right fittings, as my saddlebag mounted ld1100 is not very stable.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You get one for the seatpost and another for the seat stay. By far and away the best rear light I have ever used. I don't ride at night and use it in poor visibility daytime weather where it shows up like a car brake light.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You can buy extra mounts for it... I have used them on most of my kids bikes.
Only I forgot recently that my daughter had a new bike over the summer and the mount was still on the old bike ... this realisation came after dark, a couple of miles from home of course:blush:. The problem with it being on the kids bikes is me following behind having to look at it!!!

And when the extra lights aren't being used on their bikes I have 2 on mine, one of which is on the seat stay. I like them ... they are not expensive - about £10 this year, and don't seem to eat batteries though I don't use it tons after dark. And I find that I don't have a problem fitting them to the mount ... (even after a trip to the pub:biggrin:).

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The light attaches to the seatstay or seatpost mounts via a built-in clothing clip.

You can also get a mount that bolts to the 50mm separation holes that you find on a plate on the back of some racks (~ £1.50)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
summerdays said:
You can buy extra mounts for it... I have used them on most of my kids bikes.

andrew_s said:
The light attaches to the seatstay or seatpost mounts via a built-in clothing clip.

You can also get a mount that bolts to the 50mm separation holes that you find on a plate on the back of some racks (~ £1.50)
Please, pray tell on both these options where from ?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I can't remember where I got mine but you can get it from:
http://www.bicycle-mountain-bike-cy...lightfittings/lightfittingbrackets/LB621.html
£1.99 plus 50p p&p
or
http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk/publ...lightfittings/lightfittingbrackets/index.html
well I was going to say that one.. but its £1.99 and then £3.99 p&p so for that price you may as well buy another light and get the fitting with it. Both those sites do both fittings.

Perhaps someone knows somewhere with better rates... I thought I recently saw it for £1.49 but I can't remember where:blush:.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
summerdays said:
Perhaps someone knows somewhere with better rates... I thought I recently saw it for £1.49 but I can't remember where:blush:.
Rack mount

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Don't go by what it says on the AKTIVE8 website.

I've got no problem with the light, its 'brilliant'.

But their web blurb states it comes with an arm strap. Its one of the features that attracted me to it.

It doesn't. Not only that, they don't respond to contacts either. I've tried mailing several times and left messages on their answer service.

Even tho they've been told their advertising is misleading, it remains.

Pity, cos its a good light and their price was very competitive.

Top Bottom