SMIDSY????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Hard to tell, I couldn't see the driver. It could possibly be 'get out before the cyclist' and that they underestimated your speed?

Globalti

Legendary Member
No. The driver saw you and pulled out, which us perfectly normal in most countries I visit outside the UK.

byegad

Legendary Member
If anything it was a.................... non-event!
+1. He pulled out and kept left so if you were going to overtake him you could. Pushy yes, SMIDSY not really.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Who knows. SMIDSY is something we hear from other people.. so without asking them how can we tell if they didn't see you?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just a another bit of arrogance on the road. I thought a SMIDSY is when you actually get hit by a vehicle.

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
SMIDSY? NO: incident? NO!! Just a counter video to all those moronic videos that we see here Who was at fault? Not the driver but possibly me! Traffic entering the main road had priority over that on the main road so I should have stopped.
One comment off youtube - "You could quite easily have avoided that. All your own fault I reckon. In fact I bet you paid the driver to do that so you had an interesting video to post" No prizes for guessing who posted that but I will give you a clue - a Scottish flouncing ex-poster on this site!
As approach a new year, lets have no more of the close encounter videos and other non-incident videos ;no cries of "attempted murder" or "He deliberately drove at me". Do not blame others for your lack of spatial awareness. I don't care how many times you report 'incidents' to the police but be advised of two things - the boy who cried wolf and you are giving cyclists a bad name with your antics.

Reactions: gaz

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The 'point' was wasted here.

To repeat myself with an addition:

The commuting forum is that way ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's still worth at least six pages of rant and counter rant there. This forum can't do it justice. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom