Smilies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Founder
Hi Everyone,

I've removed some duplicate smilies and changed the order of appearance on the right side (Advanced Editor mode) from random to fixed.

I've also changed some of the smilie codes, so preview your posts for a while if you're used to manually typing the codes.

In Advanced mode the first 15 are displayed at the right along with a link to see the rest. I've picked what I think are the most commonly used ones, but if you'd like to see a smilie promoted from the lower ranks let me know. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Some of the smilie codes will appear broken (you'll see the code rather than the smilie). This is a hangover from the duplicate removals - I'll fix it with MySQL twiddles when I get some free time. :biggrin:

mosschops2

Was there much negative feedback for the random listing?? I quite liked it!!
(Although accept that potentially noone else did!)

Arch

Married to Night Train
How about Shakespeare in smilies: (simplified a little..)

Romeo::rolleyes:

Juliet: :?:

Both::thumbsup:

Tybalt and Mercutio: :rolleyes:

Mercucio::laugh:

Romeo: :rolleyes:

Tybalt: :eek:

Nurse and Friar: :rolleyes::?:

Romeo and Juliet: :thumbsup::huh::girl: :thumbsdown:

Juliet::shy: (but actually :8:smile:

Romeo: :?::B):excl:

Juliet: :evil::eek::ohmy:

Prince::cry::?:

Montagues and Capulets::o)

Arch

Married to Night Train
It could get really complicated with one of the mistaken-identity-two-sets-of-cross-dressing-twins comedies...

mosschops2

You've spent far too much time thinking about that!!

Either that, or you've been waiting for such an opportuity for a long time!!

Brock

Arch said:
How about Shakespeare in smilies: (simplified a little..)

Romeo::rolleyes:

Juliet: :?:

Both::thumbsup:

Tybalt and Mercutio: :rolleyes:

Mercucio::laugh:

Romeo: :rolleyes:

Tybalt: :eek:

Nurse and Friar: :rolleyes::?:

Romeo and Juliet: :thumbsup::huh::girl: :thumbsdown:

Juliet::shy: (but actually :8:smile:

Romeo: :?::B):excl:

Juliet: :evil::eek::ohmy:

Prince::cry::?:

Montagues and Capulets::o)

*Enthusiastic applause*ovate*stand*cheer*

Well I adored Arch's production of Romeo and Juliet immensely. A strong supporting cast created a sensationally dramatic and emotive canvas for the painting of this Shakespeare classic, while the leading characters, Juliet played by blush and Romeo played by shy, provided the most vivid foreground flourish in this breathtaking masterpiece. Both lead roles were realised with performances that had my heart soaring with the naive excitement of young love, only to feel it being pulled at hurtfully with the pain and desperation clearly and believably expressed by the tragic couple in this timeless masterpiece.

Arch should be applauded for her directorial artistry, and faultless casting in this work, and I pray that she'll tackle some of the other challenging classics in the future. Star Wars would be ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom