Smooth and Steady

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So, I've been sharing my ride into work with a ride buddy of late. He is very fit and rides very fast, which I enjoy.

He wont mind me saying though that, when he first came along, he was pretty wary, a little nervous and (in my opinion) was suffering from pretty poor observation.

But, he kept up his speed all the time.

Last week I commented on how much his riding style has adjusted over the months as he is now a very smooth, very observant and all together "in control" rider about town. He told me that he was continually trying to improve his "smoothness" as he found that no matter how fast he rode, his journey times only reduced when he rode smoothly.

A symptom is that he no longer grabs repetative looks over his shoulder (a clear sign of a new or nervous rider), but now takes a graceful long look at regular intervals, moves into his positions very early, with no last minute jerks and commands the road with communication with traffic.

So to all those new...or nervous riders, take heart, immerse yourself in the sensation, you are not riding with the traffic...you ARE the traffic, make it your road and keep it smooooth.

Top Bottom