Sniff, snot, snuffle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am feeling for you!

I've had a stinker of a cold all week and have been doing the IOSH course in Heath and Safety............the tutor complimented me on my ability to stay alive all week:laugh:

Been up since midnight coughing and spluttering on the couch ( to let the wife sleep!) and am winding down for a revitalising nap now...........

If its any consolation, you'll feel better by day 7 :biggrin:;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Are you feeling any better today? Honestly hot toddy's work ... my parents told me so!!! I think the alocohol makes you feel better and more relaxed perhaps? All I know is that its the first thing I take when I have a cold.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Feeling worse than I did yesterday, really should be in bed, but hey, nobody to cover my shift and don't wont any sick leave on my record...Only consolation is that my colds tend to turn a corner after 48hrs, so in theory I should be better tomorrow....then I've got the sinus infection to look forward to in a week or so. Heyho, haven't had a cold for a year, which is pretty record breaking for me, so I suppose I was overdue one... Still feeling very sorry for myself! :surrender:

Stedlocks, hope yours improves soon!

Danny

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
Feeling worse than I did yesterday, really should be in bed, but hey, nobody to cover my shift and don't wont any sick leave on my record...
What sort of company do you work for? :smile:

You should be able to take time off sick if you are ill. And they shouldn't want you coming in and giving everyone else you're cold.

Anyway, I'd recommend curling up and watching a good DVD.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I think I have a cold too now. Not flu, or even man flu, just a run down, bunged up snottyness that makes me not want to do the work I have to do when I could be lying in bed with the heating cranked up.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Dannyg said:
What sort of company do you work for? :tongue:

You should be able to take time off sick if you are ill. And they shouldn't want you coming in and giving everyone else you're cold.

Anyway, I'd recommend curling up and watching a good DVD.

Well, I almost got send home..., but as there was nobody to cover me at such short notice and I was there already anyway, I stayed. My co-workers were not too impressed (don't blame them), but I should have scored some martyr points with management. They are just very quick to send you to HR for being off sick and issuing warnings, so most people drag themselves in if at all possible. And yes, all we do is spread germs around, but hey...

Time for a long soak in a hot bath now, followed by a long sleep and it should have hopefully turned a corner by tomorrow...

Top Bottom