Snow tads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Not a lot of recumbents that I've seen here in Wyoming where almost all new bikes are either big box, gravel grinders, box or varieties of mountain bikes. I am curious as to how tads do with snow and ice. Any experience with this?

Depends on the trike and the snow .............

I hate soft snow over 6" deep because it starts to get deeper than the front of the seat on my ICE Sprint.
But there's a documentary online of Maria Leijerstam's record breaking ride to the South Pole on an ICE Fat trike.

Luck ........... ^_^

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1577447552263.png

Sorry, I had 60 F and sunshine for Christmas. Illinois winter does not cooperate at all.

A delta with a diff’ does better than a standard Tadpole in the snow, IME... only then you have the problem of your jockey wheels dragging in the snow and your brakes freezing up...

F1C7CFF1-EB41-428D-A9DA-D336F8377C11.jpeg

by the end of this ride a few years ago I had only one barely functioning brake, and a long downhill to finish!

Cross country skis are far better if conditions allow!

I’ve often thought that my Kettwiesel would be just perfect with a Rohloff and hydraulic brakes...

first too pricey, second I did try but the calipers I tried fouled the mudguard stays

Top Bottom