Snow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Bugger,it's really turned bad here in Bolton today.Rode in no problems,but now i can just about see out of the showroom for the snow coming down and as for the road.....could be fun later !

Scary ride home this afternoon as soon as off the main roads. Got "early release" for the last day at about 15:15 and the main roads were full of cars, so ended up having to come off the main road and through the side streets. Nice of a beemer to pull in to let the faster vehicle (me) past - or maybe my presence behind him worried him. That packed rutted snow is icing over now....corners were very slow and gentle with the body leaning rather than the bike. Wonder what it's like around Leeds tomorrow...I want this snow to go away now - possibly returning with a shiny new bike tomorrow and won't be able (or too scared of breaking it) to take it out for a tootle around

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Here is one reason why we rule in the snow,at least we do not need to be pushed on to a car park ! This is my work place this afternoon with one slippy,slidey Porsche !

DSCN6058.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN6058.jpg
    DSCN6058.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
skudupnorth said:
Here is one reason why we rule in the snow,at least we do not need to be pushed on to a car park ! This is my work place this afternoon with one slippy,slidey Porsche !

DSCN6058.jpg

Poor driving...Rear-Engine RWD are great in snow.... :tongue:

3249083880_d754ac7d34_b.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN6058.jpg
    DSCN6058.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3249083880_d754ac7d34_b.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 16

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Poor driving...Rear-Engine RWD are great in snow.... :biggrin:

Thats a Rapid !!! Quality,honestly !! Had two of those,drove across to Czech many times in mine.Used to work for Skoda so i have a lot of respect for those older cars ( i call the stuff i work with fast Skoda's ! LOL )

Attachments

• 3249083880_d754ac7d34_b.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 15

Femto

Well, believe me, my front engined, rear drive car is staying firmly tucked away in the garage until the snow and ice passes. I can't even persuade it to go up the not-steep-at-all driveway. Probably because I have to reverse up the drive - it won't go over the kerb at the end of the drive the other way around!

The bicycle is no bother though. My workmates think I'm crazy but I'm loving being in the city coming home after work even more than usual at the moment. I must have passed about 500 stationary cars this evening.

Oh how I laughed. ;)

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Femto said:
Well, believe me, my front engined, rear drive car is staying firmly tucked away in the garage until the snow and ice passes. I can't even persuade it to go up the not-steep-at-all driveway. Probably because I have to reverse up the drive - it won't go over the kerb at the end of the drive the other way around!

The company cars at our place are Merc C class......absolutly pants in this weather,mind you the Boxster in my picture also required a little help to get in the workshop,wide tyres and snow do not mix well !

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Snow this evening on the way home.

Left at 5:00 - just a little dampness in the air.

Got half way home and rain started to fall. Just a minute or two later and it had turned into snow.

Arrived home with my glasses not functioning at all and the rest of me covered in snow.

Then it got worse, but at least I was at home under a hot shower starting to feel human again.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
More has landed here tonight,two wheels win for the last commute before Chrimbo !

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Got to work on the bike for the last commute before Christamas and had my first idiot on the horn because they had to wait while i slugged it in the slush...tosser ! Daft thing is she drives a very distinctive car so roll on New Year when she is stuck in the jams,i will wish her all the best !

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
User3143 said:
Yep, I love it when it snows. Supposed to really hit the South on Thurs/Fri. Me thinks I may take the trike to work.

Tricycle - what a good idea! Where can I buy one?

Top Bottom