Snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
There was a wee bit of a blizzard here this morning, sun is shining now, great thing about is there was still some space in the bike shed when I arrived in...:becool:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
On the way in this morning I encountered wind, rain, sleet and hail (which doesn't half sting when it's being blown into your face at speed). It only started snowing at the point between entering the car park, chaining the bike up and leaving the car-park. Looked very pretty, though.

I doubt my cycling gear will be completely dry before I head home around 4pm though. Mind you, withing 2 miles I'll be warm and damp rather than cold and damp so I don't suppose it's worth bothering about. Just so long as there's no ice around, I'm a very happy bunny.

I had to out to a site in Graigmillar as part of my job this morning, At about 8:50 it came on heavy so I decided to call it a day pack up & head back to the office. The weather was awfull untill I got back to George St and for stupid reason I had forgotten to reattach my peak to my helmet:sad:

Tetedelacourse

I was caught in it walking from the train station to the office. Was like The Day After Tomorrow. Good on yer all for biking in that.

Tynan

Veteran
I have vision of the northern lot all huddled in a tent, Antarctic stylee, blowing on their fingers and growing beards

It snowed for the first 2 mins of my cycle and then it cleared up to be a nice, but slightly cold cycle in. Yesterday on the way home was a different story though. Had to wring out my Ron Hill bikesters!

Maz

Guru
Tynan said:
I have vision of the northern lot all huddled in a tent, Antarctic stylee, blowing on their fingers and growing beards
Like that crowd in the Carling advert (tag:'you know who your mates are').
Goo_mason:"What? Cycle out in this weather? Are you mad?
Magnatom: It's my birthday
Goo_mason:Well, why didn't you say?!

Tynan

Veteran
xactly, or like Scott of the Antarctic anyway

drinking their urine too probably too stay warm

while we're like WHAM at Club Tropicana, loafing by the pool and eyeing the girls and drinking free cocktails

Tynan said:

while we're like WHAM at Club Tropicana, loafing by the pool and eyeing the girls and drinking free cocktails

Yikes! :biggrin: WHAM! :biggrin: I knew there was a reason I didn't want to live down south! :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tynan said:

Nothing beats a guid mug-fu' o' pish tae warm ye up. Braw !! :smile:

Tetedelacourse

goo_mason said:
Nothing beats a guid mug-fu' o' pish tae warm ye up. Braw !! :biggrin:

PISHING MYSELF! BRILLIANT GOO.

Tynan Ridgeley, be wary young Hammer, last time Dom scoffed at our plight he was felled on ice!

Until then though, YOU CAN SUN TAN!

Top Bottom