1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So annoyed!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Joe, 22 Sep 2007.

1. Joe

Joe Über Member

I had a whole early morning ride planned for tomorrow (out of the house by 7am for a 70 miler).
    I sorted out some shifting problems I've been having, adjusted my brakes, pumped up my tyres etc and then just now whilst making some food I hear a massive hiss and my rear tyre has gone down.
    No problem you'd think, I have a repair kit and a spare tube if necessary so I take the tyre off only to find that the rim tape is knackered (pushed right through the spoke holes). It's that really shoddy rubber stuff which was all I could get hold of last time I had a rim tape emergency. I've been meaning to replace it with some decent stuff for ages.
    Needless to say I don't have any, and being Sunday tomorrow, the bike shop doesn't open until 11am:angry:

2. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Bummer.

You could try cutting up the old tube and using that as some emergency rim tape. Not that I would advise that too much, as the last thing you want is to be 35 miles away from home and it not to hold.

3. starseven

starseven Guest

Ive used insulation tape before and any old tape might work at a push.

Take your mobile though!!

4. girofan

girofan New Member

:biggrin::wacko: Joe, I sympathise with your predicament. The best laid plans and all that!
    Life has a way of slapping you down when you think you've got all the angles covered. The Arabs say: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
    Hope you have a fantastic ride next time. :biggrin::becool:

5. Got the same problem. Had some training planned last thing Friday afternoon and some friends paid a surprise visit at 3.30pm when they said they'd be here at 5.30. Had a hilly 70 miler planned today to make up for it and riding buddies are late, hung over and too tired to do it (so they say)...!