So did I forget anything?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Excellent list - I just tried to compare it with my list for New Zealand it it seems pretty similar

extras

• nail clippers
  • latex gloves for cycle repairs, or even in really wet weather
  • long finger lightweight gloves
  • I would not overdo the outdoor clothes. Perhaps drop the over-keks?
  • Maybe a lightweight fleece? Or does the merino do that?
  • I like a flannel or sponge in case of limited water etc for a wash down
  • Crocs - big in size and not my thing. I took running shoes in case I could go for a run, but of course I didn't. I posted them back to a friend and bought these - cool in a surfie sort of way and light as flip flops http://www.sanuk.com/
I have just bought the same tent to replace my North Face which is too big and not partic light - will be interested to see how it fares

For what it is worth here are my touring journals www.crazyguyonabike.com/julian

Moonlight

Hope it hasn't been said:

Spare spokes?
never needed them myself, but a broken spoke could be pretty distaterous if you're in the middle of nowhere. However, if you multitools include a Spoke Key then you can just make sure you tension in fine and should be fine.

Nice list BTFB.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Great list! I haven't camped for a couple of years and I've never toured and camped, but I'm almost inspired by it!:biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
Clothes pegs! Has anyone mentioned Clothes Pegs? When I try to do without (forget) them, my stuff usually ends up on the ground when my back's turned.

pinkkaz

Veteran
Have you started a blog, btfb? Are you going to. IMHO the preparations stage is one of the most interesting things to read about - I've learnt a lot!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I could do I suppose...but I didnt think anybody would be interested in what I am doing...after all it's not like I'm of round th eworld or over th epoles or something....also I just dont know where i would find the time for a blog in between all my dunbass posts on cyclechat recently Lol!

...maybe I will...anyway where would I do such a thing? besides I wont be able to keep it up...erm...up to date I mean...on the actual tour as I wont be carrying a pc.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I could do I suppose...but I didnt think anybody would be interested in what I am doing...after all it's not like I'm of round th eworld or over th epoles or something....also I just dont know where i would find the time for a blog in between all my dunbass posts on cyclechat recently Lol!

...maybe I will...anyway where would I do such a thing? besides I wont be able to keep it up...erm...up to date I mean...on the actual tour as I wont be carrying a pc.

Update by email from your mobile phone.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Update by email from your mobile phone

...erm...my phone is...well...prehistoric, it hink it has an e mail option somewhere but I can t drive it. I get it loaded with T mobile credits and if I use to many I use it as a clock for a while instead.

Top Bottom