So I have my eye on a vintage bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Nice, but it won't do the OPs wedding tackle any favours! Looks about 25" frame.

As I have stated, I ride a 25 1/5 inch frame and I'm 6ft 1inch(ish), same as the OP.

GuyBoden

Guru
The bonus of having a larger frame on a vintage road bike, (as long as you can stand over it), is that the saddle can be lowered and the handlebars are then higher for a more comfortable ride.

GuyBoden

Guru
If you look at the one you posted guy the owner has already flipped the seat clamp!

Yes, it's too big for him, He's 5ft 8inch, but the bike is in excellent condition, at £75 I'm tempted myself.:okay:

Quote:
"I had it serviced last year, new tyres and wheels fitted, new brake pads, new front and rear mech. I have fitted Shimano SPD dual pedals, for riding with cleats or without. It has a Bontrager trip computer, speedo etc, this works fine but needs a new battery. I also fitted a new Oxford saddle."

GuyBoden

Guru
@hoppym27 look at this 58cm, Raleigh Competition for £150 on Retrobike.co.uk.

Looks a top bike for £150 and the seller will post it.

Frame is 531c with average paint

Forks are 531 with good chrome

Wheels are Rigida on 600 'tricolour' 7spd

Chainset is 105

F&R mechs are 600 tricolour

Shifters are 600 7spd indexed

Brakes are aero Exage Sport levers / 105 calipers

Tange Levin headset

Sakae bars/ stem

Tri-matic saddle/ aero SR seatpost

New cables/ chain. Cassette is good.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=383906

file.jpg

mikeymustard

Veteran
58cm is probably at the other end of fitting. Also, is it maybe a bit grown up for someone lusting after a banana? That sentence is wrong in so many ways :shy:

Top Bottom