So, I thought I'd chosen the frameset base for my new bike, but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr.Si

I keep wavering between 2 brands!

I love the idea of having a Genesis Zero as it's British and they have awesome team colours and it has a lifetime warranty on the frame, but it hasn't got disc mounts and I'd quite like them, but the Ridley Fenix Disc does, but it is not British and the team colours aren't as nice (but I can customise if I want).

So I wonder...

Can you put a different carbon fork with disc mounts in a non-disc frame and have discs on just the front of a bike?
I know it's different forces, but maybe it's the fork which copes with most of that... maybe?

Has anyone done that with carbon bikes to any success.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Hunted around a bit and playing google on posts seems to suggest that yes, it's fine. Also found this review - got bored after a paragraph, but I expect it will answer your question.

http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/newsletter/submissions_2014/013_disc-brakes_luis-bernhardt.html

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
If it helps with the decision making, Genesis may be a British company but the bikes are made for them in Taiwan same as most big brands do these days. There is a good chance that both the framesets you're considering will come out of the same factory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mr.Si

If it helps with the decision making, Genesis may be a British company but the bikes are made for them in Taiwan same as most big brands do these days. There is a good chance that both the framesets you're considering will come out of the same factory.

you are right, they are both made in a brilliant factory in Taiwan, but the Genesis Zero has a lifetime warranty and the Ridley only has a 5 year warranty!

so Genesis wins.

I went to the LBS today and it turna out there is no Genesis Zero 4 in my size (S) even with the distributors!

worse still... it's not due until END OF MARCH! (expected).

sad times

Top Bottom