So I went to a beer festival last night :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I do love a beer festival, but the Viz have many patrons nailed...

image.jpg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
@Dave7 I had a pint recently of a superb ale, Lymm Dam, from a local brewery, Lymm Brewing, based in Warrington. It was the best pint I've had in a long time and being close to Culcheth there must be somewhere you can get it. Beware though, it is 7.2%. I couldn't have more than one, lightweight I know.

Sounds like a good evening.

I fondly remember CAMRA Beer Festivals in the late 70s and 80s in and around Essex.Plenty of good cheap beer and lots of good traditional food, with some Morris Dancing thrown in for good measure.

I was at a pre-wedding party on Friday evening, held in a brewery. After the free drinks ran out (that happens very quickly in Norway) I bought a 50 cl bottle of 'IPA' which cost a tenner. I only had the one.

I look forward to being able to spend long summer weeks driving/camping around England attending these beer festivals again. :smile:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 I had a pint recently of a superb ale, Lymm Dam, from a local brewery, Lymm Brewing, based in Warrington. It was the best pint I've had in a long time and being close to Culcheth there must be somewhere you can get it. Beware though, it is 7.2%. I couldn't have more than one, lightweight I know.
One pint of 7.2 is enough if you are driving.
I will google that to see which pubs sell it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I just wish they can make a great beer with very low alcohol, like 2% or 3%.

From your own country there's Windhoek Light, which I drink when I want to keep a clear head but with so little alcohol the flavour just isn't right. It makes you realise that one of the skills of the brewer is in balancing the intensity of the flavour with the ethanol content.

From your own country there's Windhoek Light, which I drink when I want to keep a clear head but with so little alcohol the flavour just isn't right. It makes you realise that one of the skills of the brewer is in balancing the intensity of the flavour with the ethanol content.
I agree. It used to be my beer of choice for drinking without getting schlosched. However, with Windhoek Light you have to start with it and stick with it, otherwise you realize how thin it tastes.

Stephenite

Membå
Culcheth......do you know it ?
Nope. It's just that I live in the cultural wasteland that is Norway. It gives me hope knowing that there is a flicker of the flame of civilization in somewhere called Culcheth. It's been twelve or thirteen years since the last beer festival I attended. That was in Norwich. Happy memories. The Cromer Smugglers were playing too.

Top Bottom