So, if England lose tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well done Croatia...

Although I know bugger all about football, and generally care less, I have to say, the Croatian goals I saw on the telly this morning looked a bit easy. Were 'we' fielding a team of professionals, or some cub-scouts?

Tetedelacourse

Glorious.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Having played semi-serious football for all of my youth, I still can't help liking the game despite seeing it's professional faults. Just like I can't help wanting all the home nations to do well despite their apparent antipathy to the English (paranoid, me?):blush:
A large part of me wanted Maclaren to get the gooner whatever happened what with his tombstone new teeth, ridiculous haircut and half-baked tactics.
A large part of me thinks it's obscene that John Terry earns in a week what a soldier or nurse earns in 8 years.

I can't remember why I started this post now:blush:

mcd

Not supporting England

rich p said:
Just like I can't help wanting all the home nations to do well despite their apparent antipathy to the English (paranoid, me?):blush:

Don't take it personally - it's a cultural thing - not to be taken too seriously, just a bit of a laugh

:smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Well I'm a happy cat. The amount of money those plonkers get and they can't even do their job! The rugby team doesn't need any help but those clowns just make them look better and better by comparison. And they are a much better example for kids to look up to.

wafflycat

Andy in Sig said:
Well I'm a happy cat. The amount of money those plonkers get and they can't even do their job! The rugby team doesn't need any help but those clowns just make them look better and better by comparison. And they are a much better example for kids to look up to.

Aye!

The footballers come across as a bunch of over-paid, under-performing primadonnas who appear not to give a stuff about the honour of representing their country - apart from Beckham, who did at least appear to have a bit of fire in his belly for a while even though he's not match-fit.

postman

Legendary Member
The pitch did not help.Which clown allowed it to be chewed up by those Yanks.But being a bit of a gardener.Why was it so bad when there was millions of pounds worth of shoot on it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm half pleased, half not. The husband was getting more enthusiastic about next year's bike trip as it's planned to include Austria and Switzerland, and he thought we could combine the two. Much as I'd prefer to have the mountains to myself, if it got him away from his desk and over an Alp, I was up for it.

His enthusiasm for the bike trip is considerably lower today ;(

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
I'm half pleased, half not. The husband was getting more enthusiastic about next year's bike trip as it's planned to include Austria and Switzerland, and he thought we could combine the two. Much as I'd prefer to have the mountains to myself, if it got him away from his desk and over an Alp, I was up for it.

His enthusiasm for the bike trip is considerably lower today ;(

He could always go and watch France v Italy or something. Not England, I know, but better football and it's nice to go to a foreign stadium just for the experience.

Or even better, Sweden v Holland - the supporters are friendly, drunk and totally eccentric

Melvil

According to the Scotsman, it'll have a large effect on the economy next summer (£<1.5billion than usual) as people won't be buying shedloads of beer, food, plasma screen tellies etc...to which I say, great! I'm really glad we won't be assaulted by patronising blokeish adverts that appeal to base patriotism devised by spineless w@nkboys in trendy offices in Soho...perhaps this post should be in soapbox(!)

Top Bottom