So, Im Ditching Windows And Moving Fully To Linux...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Today decided to install Linux Mint on my old Macbook. Wiped MacOS completely (I have a newer Macbook so this is low risk). We'll see... but here I am, online and posting from it.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I bought a laptop with Windows 11 about a month ago, because I thought I needed a portable computer with me while I was abroad. It was one of the cheaper laptops, but that does not excuse how slow it is. It updates itself when I don't want it to. It does not let me do stuff because I don't have administrator rights. It wants me to install Office 365. When I get home I am going to put Linux on it, or at least try.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've not long installed Mint on my Laptop and i do enjoy it. Good luck with it and keep us posted! :okay:

The software available would make this a handy supplementary work laptop for me- plenty of statistics stuff (have installed R, PSPP), have found applications for PCB design, Gerber viewers, a couple of handy chemistry apps. Sort of thing that I wouldn't use frequently but are handy to have.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
So far using the 'MintBook' mostly for browsing and email- but today I got my iPod shuffle working with it using gktpod (I like the iPod for podcasts). It's not seamless like iTunes was, but the new Podcast App in MacOS is awful.

Top Bottom